I started w/ only iOS app development and and now realizing that it would've been easier to start the app development on both frameworks concurrently. I'm now reinstalling each nuget and making sure to install the same version, and trying to port iOS specific code to android. I just started so I'm hopeful it doesn't take more than a day (tomorrow).
I switched my start page from a NavigationPage to a TabbedPage and all of a sudden the content overwrote the the carrier/battery row. I looked into this and discovered that the TabbedPage does not offset itself below this header in iOS (but works for android and windows). The solution is to add a platform dependent offset or padding thickness of 20 pixels.